WASHINGTON – January 10, 2019 – FCC Commissioner Brendan Carr, who has been leading the Federal Communications Commission’s efforts to support telehealth and telemedicine programs for underserved populations, will speak to a national audience of telehealth leaders at the Telemed Leadership Forum 2019 in Washington, DC, on April 3, 2019.
The second keynote presentation will be presented by Deputy Director Laura McWright, Seamless Care Models Group, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). Attendees will have the opportunity to ask questions about CMS’s initiatives and policies around telehealth.
Telemed Leadership Forum 2019, April 3-5 at the Washington Marriott Georgetown, is designed to deliver solid, innovative and valuable information on how telehealth is transforming healthcare delivery. With the explosive growth in telehealth, data and technology, this Forum is an opportunity for healthcare leaders to share, learn and discuss empirical evidence for the value of telehealth. Speakers include:
- Michael Adcock, Executive Director, Center for Telehealth, University of Mississippi Medical Center
- Adam Darkins, MD, CEO, Empiricon
- Ralph Derrickson, former CEO, Carena, Managing Director, RCollins Group, Board Member, Perficient
- Martin Doerfler, MD, SVP, Clinical Strategy and Development, Associate Chief Medical Officer, Northwell Health
- Kevin Galpin, MD, VHA Director, Telehealth Services, Dept. of VA
- Michael Hasselberg, Director, Telepsychiatry, University of Rochester Medical Center
- Judd Hollander, MD, SVP for Healthcare Delivery Innovation, Thomas Jefferson University
- Kim Jacobs, VP, Strategic Business and Consumer Innovation, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Health Plan
- (Day Two Keynote) Martin Kohn, MD, Former Chief Medical Scientist, Sentrian, and Independent Consultant
- Joseph O’Leary, MD, Medical Director, Catholic Charities
- Vimal Mishra, MD, Medical Director, Telemedicine, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Robert Plotkin, CEO, Arcadian Telepsychiatry
- Marlon Priest, MD, EVP/Chief Medical Officer, Bon Secours Mercy Health
- Brian Skow, Chief Medical Officer, Avera eCare
- (Day Three Keynote) Hassan Tetteh, MD, Chief Medical Informatics Officer, United States Navy
- Dennis Truong, MD, Telemedicine Director, Kaiser Permanente
- And more
See the latest agenda and speakers on the website at https://telemed.org/.
Telemed Leadership Forum 2019 is now accepting Early Bird registration for both in-person and live-streaming tickets.
Exhibitor opportunities are also available. Press passes are available by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Telemed Leadership Forum 2019 is hosted by URAC, an independent, nonprofit healthcare accreditor in Washington, D.C. URAC developed the first independent, third-party Telehealth Accreditation program to offer comprehensive oversight of diverse telehealth programs.
Founded in 1990, URAC is the independent leader in advancing healthcare quality through leadership, accreditation, measurement and innovation. URAC offers a wide range of quality benchmarking programs that reflect the latest changes in healthcare and provide a symbol of excellence for organizations to showcase their validated commitment to quality and accountability. URAC uses evidence-based measures and develops standards through inclusive engagement with a broad range of stakeholders committed to improving the quality of healthcare. For more information, visit urac.org.
Che Parker, MA
VP, Sales and Marketing